Strict Lady Cloe - New York
by weisen
05/05/24 03:36 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6915 - 09/24/19 07:25 AM Should College Football Players Be Paid
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

This subject has been kicked around for a while. On one hand, they are risking life changing injury while their university profits from them. On the other hand, they receiving a free education and, an opportunity to prove themselves to the NFL. So, hmmmm....what do you think about this?

#7039 - 09/27/19 07:52 PM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: Cheyenne]
Awillingstudent Online   content
Artisan

I agree they are given the opportunity to get a free education; they also don't pay room and board. That said, perhaps they should be entitled to a share of the money made off of their likeness (jerseys, video games etc).

#7043 - 09/28/19 02:08 AM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: Awillingstudent]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Ordinary students with scholarships who work jobs on campus get paid.

College athletes put in a LOT of hours on behalf of the universities they play for, enough to be detrimental to that so-called free education they get.

They are recruited with neither the university nor the student being concerned about the part of them being students.

Its about bringing in money for the universities.

They bring in massive, massive, amounts of money to the universities. They should get part of it.

Especially since almost none of the money brought in through collegiate sports actually goes to the main mission of universities: educating students.

#7052 - 09/28/19 10:24 AM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: Awillingstudent]

Pooh-Bah

Thanks for your input. I'm kind of torn over it. The fact that they risk so much injury makes me think that taking the middle road, as you have is the right course. They should be entitled to proceeds from the University profiting from their likeness, one way or, another, beyond the scholarship.

#7053 - 09/28/19 10:25 AM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: Soapy]

Pooh-Bah

I agree. Something, other than what is going on now, should be done. Factoring in their risk to life changing injury and, they really out to be compensated somehow.

#7059 - 09/28/19 01:00 PM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: Cheyenne]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
The question is more subtle than this. Is it only about football, or is it both the big money ncaa sports (football and basketball)? What about college Hockey, which is much mote dangerous than basketball? Does it extend to any University athletic program that actually makes a profit in a sport that generally doesn't, such as UConn women's basketball, or is it limited to specific sports rather than programs? Is the driving factor the danger or the amount of time kids put into it beyond their studies (in which case many more sports have to be considered)?

For football, is paying players a requirement of all programs at all levels? The FBS had 130 different schools in 10 different conferences (5 major and 5 smaller ones) but what about the 128 schools of the FCS or Junior colleges? Don't those players put in as much their time/effort and risk just as much?

Its very easy to focus on those star players at big programs who seem to be getting screwed by the system, but they are getting more than just an education... They are getting the highest level of training you can get for an incredibly high-paying career they wish to pursue in addition to the opportunity for a degree to help with the rest of their life after football.

I am not saying they should or shouldn't be paid, I just think the argument is usually made in the simplest terms that break down when you talk details and actual plans.

#7077 - 09/29/19 06:14 AM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: AspX]

Pooh-Bah

Yes, I can see that. While I don't have a strong opinion about it, my knee jerk reaction is that the risk of injury changes it a little. Yes, they are getting a free education, along with room and, board. One of the posters suggested that they should be compensated for when their images are sold. I'd agree with that. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming years.

#7078 - 09/29/19 07:12 AM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: Cheyenne]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
That sounds like a good deal for the QB at Notre Dame, but what about the offensive guard at New Mexico State who blows out his ACL in practice leading up to the 1st game? He gets nothing in that model as nobody is using his likeness for anything.

So, where I have no problem with the idea I also know that if it is just that, then the desire to come up with a realistic model that addresses your concerns goes away once the "faces of college football" get paid.

#7080 - 09/29/19 07:44 AM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: AspX]

Pooh-Bah

You make great points. While I find this topic intriguing, I have more questions about it than answers.

#7646 - 10/16/19 10:24 AM Re: Should College Football Players Be Paid [Re: Cheyenne]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
I definitely think any football player on scholarship at a Power 5 school should be getting paid not to mention being allowed to endorse products etc and getting the money from that. These schools make a fortune off of football, the football coach is either the highest paid or second highest paid employee at the university ( basketball coach may make more depending on school) and it’s ridiculous the players get nothing. The truth is these schools don’t give a care whether their athletes graduate and they are there to play football with hopes of making the NFL.

The devil is in the details like who gets paid and how much but the NCAA line that the players are student athletes benefiting by way of a college degree is pure hypocrisy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cheyenne, Mistress Tissa 
Shout Box

Who's Online
352 registered (buffalo, Chi61, Domina M, Chuck123, Violetwand, DominaAdmin, Cheyenne, Mistress Tissa, Soapy, llf, langerr, Queen Naomi, Moth to a Flame, DommeLynx, ztrade, Boucheron, So long, Mistress Kiva Krimson, broom, marstoy, nysubjack, The Thomas, GoddessCapri, WestAugust, CelesteTaylor, AaronGrant, Joseph Bloggarti, EmpressFrida, tosser, Stern Miss Lea, Mistress Trinity, denali, billw, Domina Perpetua, Chamberpot, Bruce88, palmer, TroyOrleans, T-bone, furfan, michamalvada, RdSx, bdsmlover, Awillingstudent, Mistress Berlin NYC, DougCooper, Old_Timer_FL, cbtlover, Itsme, Uk234, Mistress UV, Gagged2, HellionCobRoller, Atlanta_r, Lady Paradise, Madam Jess, Lady Bellatrix, igstone, ElenaDeLuca, midlet, ingridguerci94, Poester, Lady Velvet Steel, GoddessAvecti, AngoraNYC, Harish Kumar 12, frank, ollikeem, Curiouser, HouseofServitude, 2city, MayaMidnight, international, painslut, Browniepoints95, Bound ashtray Man, ChicagoSlicker, mbilbo, Dannysub, kefxb24, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Neena De Ville, isuffr4her, Komodo, Bentographer, Scs202323, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, TheDriver, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, need to serve, Slv4u, callybionic, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, pinkcaboose, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, middleboy992, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, ilyaserdyukov, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, sfotk1, mike04071, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, schrads, EllaStrictland, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, all2easy, Jaco, Liquid6, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 37407 Guests and 107 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Mistress Isadora