by weisen
05/05/24 03:36 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#17402 - 06/19/22 01:00 PM Aftercare
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
After all these years I recently decided to add the following question to My session request questionnaire: "Is aftercare important to you? If so, how much of the session time do you need devoted to aftercare?" I have been really surprised that almost everyone answers "no".

I've always taken a few minutes post session to let the sub come back to earth, chat a bit if they want - at a bare minimum. Sometimes it's obvious that the person isn't even able to drive, and a good bit of time is required to get them back into a headspace that lets them deal with the outside world.

So what are your thoughts on aftercare? Need it? Don't need it?

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#17404 - 06/19/22 01:49 PM Re: Aftercare [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

Really interesting question. I’d probably answer “no” on a survey but in reality it depends on the session. Probably 70% of the time I’m fine, but there’s the other 30% where I find my self in a super deep head space and really need/appreciate 10 minutes or so to come back to earth. It’s just hard for me personally to know when I’ll need it in advance since most times I don’t need it.

#17405 - 06/19/22 02:17 PM Re: Aftercare [Re: Mistress Ayn]
palmer Online   content
Artisan

Those few minutes to come back to earth and chat, often while getting dressed, I've always found really important. I guess they are sort of aftercare, but I don't really view them as such. I would not want to end a session with a domme just leaving the room and slamming the door shut.

I've done some intense, multi-day online/phone/text scenes that have involved findom and heavier psychological play than I'd ever experience in an RT session. The woman I do this with, who can play hard, always makes sure to leave a lot of time for aftercare, and also makes clear I can reach out to process things any time, and I appreciate that.

#17406 - 06/19/22 09:18 PM Re: Aftercare [Re: Mistress Ayn]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Mistress Ayn, that's an interesting and important question and my compliments to you for adding it to your session request form.

Since the question is phrased, "how much of your session time should be devoted to aftercare" I am not surprised that 70% said it is not important. Guys will be very reluctant to voluntarily give up session time with you for any purpose, even one as well intentioned as this. Time with you is just too powerful and rewarding. We often think with the small head, even if it means we leave a session trying to remember our name!

#17407 - 06/19/22 09:20 PM Re: Aftercare [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Spark Online   content
Enthusiast

I dont know if aftercare is the right word for me. But i enjoy talking after a session. It could be about the session, or just how things are going, etc. Id gladly give up some session time for this. Sometimes its 20minutes and others i pay to go out to dinner or a date etc. I get the impression I’m a little out of the ordinary in that regard but it works for me.

I have a very difficult just walking out the door.

#17409 - 06/19/22 11:31 PM Re: Aftercare [Re: Spark]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By Spark
I dont know if aftercare is the right word for me. But i enjoy talking after a session. It could be about the session, or just how things are going, etc. Id gladly give up some session time for this. Sometimes its 20minutes and others i pay to go out to dinner or a date etc. I get the impression I’m a little out of the ordinary in that regard but it works for me.

I have a very difficult just walking out the door.

Maybe not that out of the ordinary. I am like that.

#17412 - 06/20/22 09:41 AM Re: Aftercare [Re: Mistress Ayn]
zxpTcEtc Offline

No and yes. No I don't think it's necessary on a first time questionnaire, I would not play heavy enough to need it. Now if I came back and played heavy then yes we will have discussed my operators manual.

Although since I would be wandering around mumbling incoherently and bleeding, what I need is really more aftersupervison and first aid. LMAO

Edited by zxpTcEtc (06/20/22 09:44 AM)

#17413 - 06/20/22 11:30 AM Re: Aftercare [Re: Mistress Ayn]
wllwrk4spankings Offline
Occasional

Loc: Southern U.S.
Mistress Ayn,

For me, it really depends on the nature of the session. If the play is lighter and more casual, a few minutes chatting seems to do the trick.

In the case of really sadistic, emotionally-deep sessions, the need for prolonged aftercare goes up substantially.

Intense whipping & judicial-style corporal scenes can leave me in a trance...and the need to come back down to earth slowly is a premium.

My fondest memory was about 20 years ago: after a rather intense session, the Domme took me in Her arms and gently laid me down, in an image reminiscent of the Pieta, and gently nurtured me back to the vanilla world.

Aftercare is vital.

#17415 - 06/21/22 05:02 AM Re: Aftercare [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Mistress Kiva Krimson Online   content

Regular

Loc: Pensacola, FL
Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
After all these years I recently decided to add the following question to My session request questionnaire: "Is aftercare important to you? If so, how much of the session time do you need devoted to aftercare?" I have been really surprised that almost everyone answers "no".

I've always taken a few minutes post session to let the sub come back to earth, chat a bit if they want - at a bare minimum. Sometimes it's obvious that the person isn't even able to drive, and a good bit of time is required to get them back into a headspace that lets them deal with the outside world.

So what are your thoughts on aftercare? Need it? Don't need it?

Mistress Ann, I've always wondered if rubbing salt in my slave's post session wounds, counts as aftercare?

#17417 - 06/21/22 09:54 AM Re: Aftercare [Re: Mistress Ayn]
MissMary Online   content
Regular

In my experience, aftercare has been all about the level of intensity and the nature of the encounter. There have been times where aftercare, being sharing time and nurturing, has been vital. Other times, people are refreshed and ready to get back to vanilla life. I'm always happy to provide aftercare. As a switch, I've seen that it can make a difference when needed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
352 registered (Chi61, CelesteTaylor, Domina M, buffalo, Chuck123, Violetwand, DominaAdmin, Cheyenne, Mistress Tissa, Soapy, llf, langerr, Queen Naomi, Moth to a Flame, DommeLynx, ztrade, Boucheron, So long, Mistress Kiva Krimson, broom, marstoy, nysubjack, The Thomas, GoddessCapri, WestAugust, AaronGrant, Joseph Bloggarti, EmpressFrida, tosser, Stern Miss Lea, Mistress Trinity, denali, billw, Domina Perpetua, Chamberpot, Bruce88, palmer, TroyOrleans, T-bone, furfan, michamalvada, RdSx, bdsmlover, Awillingstudent, Mistress Berlin NYC, DougCooper, Old_Timer_FL, cbtlover, Itsme, Uk234, Mistress UV, Gagged2, HellionCobRoller, Atlanta_r, Lady Paradise, Madam Jess, Lady Bellatrix, igstone, ElenaDeLuca, midlet, ingridguerci94, Poester, Lady Velvet Steel, GoddessAvecti, AngoraNYC, Harish Kumar 12, frank, ollikeem, Curiouser, HouseofServitude, 2city, MayaMidnight, international, painslut, Browniepoints95, Bound ashtray Man, ChicagoSlicker, mbilbo, Dannysub, kefxb24, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Neena De Ville, isuffr4her, Komodo, Bentographer, Scs202323, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, TheDriver, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, need to serve, Slv4u, callybionic, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, pinkcaboose, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, middleboy992, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, ilyaserdyukov, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, sfotk1, mike04071, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, schrads, EllaStrictland, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, all2easy, Jaco, Liquid6, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 37417 Guests and 107 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Sara Lips Wrestling