The Usual MF Announcement

Posted by: junglebeast

The Usual MF Announcement - 06/03/22 08:08 PM

First time I'm doing this traditional post, happens a few times a year I guess. Just checked again but the site has been down all day. Max Fisch has tons of lives especially as a zombie site. When I came back into at least commenting on the scene a couple of years ago rejoined MF and came back here. The domina.ms redesign is a testament to the impact it had in the scene, especially in NYC. I tried a couple of times to get regulars there, especially Mistresses, to come here since the look and feel of this site is exactly the same. I think I failed in those attempts. The big difference is that here discussions can go off the rails rarely, but this site is moderated and more respectful. For that I'm very thankful.
Posted by: Mistress Kiva Krimson

Re: The Usual MF Announcement - 06/04/22 07:19 AM

Let's hope this is the last resurrection of that tired slagheap! I will personally offer discount sessions as a celebratory measure.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: The Usual MF Announcement - 06/04/22 08:18 AM

It has actually been down for a few days.

FWIW, domina.ms is a much more peaceful place, but it could be better with less tolerance for trolls.
Posted by: Chi61

Re: The Usual MF Announcement - 06/04/22 03:37 PM

Agree 100%. Way better. But still a few trolls.

Back Online - 06/04/22 05:24 PM

At least as of Saturday 2022 June 4 6:30 PM eastern time USA!
Posted by: Spark

Re: The Usual MF Announcement - 06/04/22 08:44 PM

I really like this site and enjoy the interaction between the Doms and the Submissives.

As troll(s) go, The one(s) here are pretty mild and provide some comic relief and an occasional good post.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: The Usual MF Announcement - 06/05/22 07:25 AM

Agreed. We had some really obnoxious trolls some time ago but they are long gone. The resident troll here actually inspires good conversation. As long as someone isn't being malicious, a little trolling can be good.
Posted by: langerr

Re: Back Online - 06/05/22 08:19 AM

Still online on Sunday AM.
And it has much faster response time, so they must have upgraded the server it runs on. I guess it will be around for some time now. You don't do that if it's going to die.

Re: Back Online - 06/05/22 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By langerr
Still online on Sunday AM.
And it has much faster response time, so they must have upgraded the server it runs on. I guess it will be around for some time now. You don't do that if it's going to die.

I'm not a sysadmin and I don't know the issues for that site, but I've noticed the speed improvement on prior resurrections.

I *think*(guess) it is because the maxfisch.com site is under attack all of the time and that maintenance is minimal.Resources get sucked up, the site slows down, the site goes down.

I *think*(guess) when the site comes back up it is after a human intervention where used up resources are emptied out and refreshed so the the site is a bit quicker for a while.
Posted by: langerr

Re: Back Online - 06/05/22 09:23 AM

That's certainly a possibility. Time will tell.